4 NATURAL HAIR STYLES FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Bored with the same ol’ styles? It’s so easy to get stuck wearing the same 3 styles over and over again. Trust me, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve rocked a messy bun or a wash n’ go within the last 3 months. Sometimes we just gotta switch it up. What better time to do a little sum’n different than for Christmas festivities and, of course, that New Years Party!!
We wouldn’t be Naturalicious if we didn’t keep the styles easy and quick enough to get them done in the time it takes to hitch an Uber ride to the party. Try these simple, versatile, and ultra cute styles this week and watch the compliments roll in.
1. Grab the front sections of your hair and fold them over the top of your head to create a low hump. Pin the sections down to secure at the back of the crown.
2. Next, smooth the side sections down against your head toward the back in an upward direction. Secure this part tighter than the hump with bobby pins. You want it to look like a mohawk.
3. Shape and perfect the style with more bobby pins.
4. Lay edges down with the Dramatic Definition Gel.
THE BOMBSHELL BUN
Time: 3 minutes
Tools: Bobby pins, hair tie, Step 2 Moisture Infusion Styling Creme if needed.
1. Pull out small chunks of curls at the temples and sideburns.
2. Grab the remainder of your hair and pull into a high ponytail. You have the option of leaving hair out in a pineapple for a more casual vibe.
4. Once the hair is in a high ponytail, grab the loose hair and loosely twist together around the base of your ponytail. This creates a soft, curly bun.
5. Lastly, secure your bun with bobby pins. 6. If necessary, refresh the loose tendrils with a little bit of water and smooth Step 2 on each piece. Let Dry.
THE BARRETT N’ BOUNCE
Time: 2 minutes
Tools: Statement Barretts, bobby pins, Dramatic Definition Gel, Edge brush
1. Create a side part. Pull the hair from the side with the most hair over your head.
2. Pull the hair from the other side back and upwards to create a smooth surface.
3. Apply Dramatic Definition Gel to hold section down and get shine. Secure your hair with bobby pins and place barretts on smooth sections next to each other.
4. Lay edges and smooth any necessary sections with the Gel.
1. Separate the top half of your hair from the bottom.
2. Pull the top half into a ponytail using a hair tie. Make sure to wrap the hair tie carefully so that every layer stacks on top of the other. The idea is to create a TALL ponytail.
3. Next, do the same thing with another hair tie, making sure to stack each layer, as mentioned above. If you want more height, feel free to add another hair tie.
4. Finish by fluffing your ponytail and spraying with the Heavenly Hydration Grapeseed Hair Mist for added moisture and shine.
Planning to try any of these styles? We want to see! Tag us in a picture of the style and we will share it on social media!
Sign up to get our emails and stay in the glow on new blogs, tutorials, products, and more!